'FERRERO ROCHER' ENERGY BITES (GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, EGGLESS, REFINED SUGAR FREE)
Fuss-free and portable snacks are our thing whenever we are on-the-go, or just looking for something healthy to munch on at home!
If you are a junk food addict – specifically Ferrero Rocher and chocolatey snacks, here is a recipe that uses natural, raw and whole food ingredients and would satisfy your cravings.
High in fibre & healthy fats
Low in Glycemic Index
Made with less than 6 ingredients versus 14 in the real thing
You've GOT TO try this recipe out and share with us your creations by tagging us at #CleanAddictsKitchen.
Now, let's get into it!
'FERRERO ROCHER' ENERGY BITES
40g Hazelnuts (highly recommend roasting if they are raw or blanched)
40g Soaked and pitted dates
4g Raisins (optional)
10-15g Raw Cacao Powder (or to taste)
1 tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt/himalayan pink salt
15g Chopped Hazelnuts (to roll)
- In a food processor or blender, add the softened dates and blend it until it becomes a paste.
- Add ½ of the hazelnuts and raisins into the processor and pulse it again until they are broken down finely.
- Add the cacao powder, cinnamon, rest of the hazelnuts and a pinch of salt.
- Pulse it again and roll them into 4-6 balls (depending on how large you want your serving size to be).
- Dip them into the chopped hazelnuts to form the outer layer of Ferrero Rocher (and for that satisfying crunch).
Storage Recommendations: Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
- To roast nuts, spread them out on a parchment paper on a metal tray and dry roast them in the oven at 170C for 8-12 minutes (please watch the oven as timings vary for different ovens).
- If the nut mixture is moist, don’t worry. They will firm up when they are stored in the fridge. If not add more ground hazelnuts into the mixture in step 4 before rolling.
- If the mixture gets dry while blending, simply add a little water (about 1-3 tsp) for the ingredients to be sticky enough to roll into balls.
- If you want them to be even MORE DECADENT, prepare some melted dark chocolate and dip the balls into it – before coating them with chopped hazelnuts or even cacao nibs!
Share this recipe with your friends if you enjoyed it!